Want to make healthier food and exercise choices for you and your family, but not sure where to start?
Gro Health is a unique offering for the whole family or household. It brings together all you need to know about improved health, mental wellbeing, exercise and sleep into one place.
If you live in NW London and have children of school age between 5-18 years old in your household, you and your family are eligible to enrol in a 12-month health and wellbeing app called Gro Health for FREE. The app is available in x19 different languages and usually costs £99. For free, you’ll have access to:
- Thousands of healthy recipes and meal plans;
- Workout videos;
- Mindfulness activities and
- Sleep advice.
What are the benefits of using the programme?
Those who have used the Gro Health app have reported:
- Better nutritional health: users report a 23% reduction in daily calorie consumption at 6 months1, and average weight loss of 4.5% at 12 months2.
- Improved mental health: 31% of those using the app for 12 months reported reduction in anxiety; 23% a reduction in stress; 32% a reduction in depression and 10% increase in life satisfaction. 3
- Improved physical activity: After 6 months, users reported a 20% increase in daily steps taken. 4
- Improved sleep quality: After 6 months, users reported a 26% increase in time spent asleep. 5
In order to qualify for this FREE 12-month application you must have at least ONE 5-18-year-old in your household living in NW London.
How to start using Gro Health
- Complete this form on the Gro Health website
- Once completed, you will be taken to a page that says “Thanks, you’re in!”
- You and your family or household can then start using the Gro Health app immediately, using the code provided. (A copy of these instructions will also be emailed to you.)
- Gro Health is downloadable via Android and IOS.
- Once you have set up your account you can add multiple smart devices to the account allowing multiple users within the family/household unit.
- You can also expect a call from a Gro Health professional within 3-5 working days to support you and your family with onboarding onto the platform and getting started.
- No payment details are required to qualify and use this app.
How to access the Gro Health
Gro Health is easily available via a smartphone, tablet, or computer.
1 DDM Health. (2022) Tier 2 weight management service. [Data on file]
2 Summers, C., Tobin, S., & Unwin, D. (2021). Evaluation of the Low Carb Program for the Self-Management of Type 2 Diabetes and Prediabetes in an NHS England General Practice
3 Summers, C., Wu, P., & Taylor, A. J. (2021). Supporting Mental Health During the COVID-19 Pandemic Using a Digital Behavior Change Intervention: An Open-Label, Single-Arm, Pre-Post Intervention Study
4 DDM Health. (2022) Tier 2 weight management service. [Data on file]
5 1. DDM Health. (2022) Tier 2 weight management service. [Data on file]