TREND UK Healthcare Professional Resources
TREND-UK is a working group of diabetes nurses with different skills and backgrounds, set up in 2009 in response to a request by the diabetes tsar at that time for a collective voice that represented all diabetes nursing groups.
The original founding co-chairs of TREND-UK were experienced nurse consultants, working in a variety of settings, and closely involved with most of the organisations representing nurses working in diabetes. These included the Royal College of Nursing Diabetes Forum, Diabetes UK and Primary Care Diabetes Society.
Below is a list of leaflets and guidelines that can be downloaded for use by healthcare professionals;
- An integrated career and competency framework for diabetes nursing (5th edition)
- Appropriate use of SGLT2 inhibitors in type 2 diabetes: right person, right medicine, right time
- Blood glucose monitoring guidelines consensus document
- Diabetes and dementia: Guidance on practical management
- Hypoglycaemia in adults in the community: recognition, management and prevention
- Pancreatic exocrine insufficiency and diabetes (HCP version)
- Prescribing guidance in people with renal impairment
- Type 2 diabetes and chronic kidney disease
- Managing diabetes during intercurrent illness in the community