The Cambridge Diabetes Education Programme (CDEP)
CDEP is FREE for NHS healthcare staff working within North West London!
CDEP is a competency-based online diabetes learning tool that supports all levels of healthcare practitioners demonstrate their diabetes knowledge and skills relevant to their role.
- A variety of diabetes topics is available. CDEP offers focused learning for your role by offering you the most essential topics first.
- NW London has co-created the two mental health modules which cover depression, anxiety, diabetes distress, diabulimia and dementia as well as motivational interviewing techniques. 91 % of people who have completed them have improved their competence
- CDEP also supports professional revalidation by displaying study time accrued on the certificates, providing an opportunity for reflection as well as offering a secure portal to collect practice-based feedback.
- CDEP is based on the following UK diabetes competency frameworks which help structure the nature and level of diabetes skills required by all healthcare staff to support safer patient care, improved outcomes and reduce the financial burden of diabetes.
- CDEP is endorsed by the British Association of Prosthetists and Orthotists (BAPO), British Dietetics Association (BDA), Cambridge University Health Partners (CUHP) and Diabetes UK. CDEP is accredited by the Royal College of Nursing (RCN), the Royal College of Midwives (RCM), the Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP) and the College of Podiatry.