The Cambridge Diabetes Education Programme (CDEP)
CDEP is FREE for NHS staff working within North West London
- A wide range of topics are available to offer focused learning for your role.
- NW London has co-created two mental health modules that cover depression, anxiety, diabetes distress, diabulimia and dementia as well as motivational interviewing techniques. 91 % of people who have completed them have improved their competence
- CDEP also supports professional revalidation by displaying study time accrued on the certificates, providing an opportunity for reflection as well as offering a secure portal to collect practice-based feedback.
- CDEP is based on the following UK diabetes competency frameworks which help structure the nature and level of diabetes skills required by all healthcare staff to support safer patient care, improved outcomes and reduce the financial burden of diabetes.
- CDEP is endorsed by the British Association of Prosthetists and Orthotists (BAPO), British Dietetics Association (BDA), Cambridge University Health Partners (CUHP)and Diabetes UK.CDEP is accredited by the Royal College of Nursing (RCN), the Royal College of Midwives (RCM), the Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP) and the College of Podiatry.