Have type 2 diabetes? This programme is available in the following areas...
Our free MyHealth workshops for people registered with a GP practice in Hillingdon are all about helping you make small manageable changes in your life that will make a big impact on your health.
We understand everyone leads different and busy lives so we encourage patients at our workshops to make those changes to fit around your lifestyle.
Speak to your GP to get your free space
Our free Myhealth workshops are all about helping you make small manageable changes in your life that will make a big impact on your health. We understand everyone leads different and busy lives so we encourage patients at our workshops to make those changes to fit around your lifestyle.
All our workshops are interactive group sessions lasting 2 hours, and are all run by a health professional (GP or pharmacist). This gives you the chance to ask any burning diabetes questions you wouldn’t usually get time to ask in your usual doctors appointment.
Managing your diabetes will mean having the knowledge of how to work with your doctors surgery and in between those appointments, and we as a programme can offer you that knowledge to keep in control of your diabetes.
Remember there is no such thing as mild diabetes, so even if you just need a refresher on your knowledge this free workshop will help you.
Programme inclusion criteria
Type 2 diabetes with an HbA1c over 48mmol/mol
18 years or older
Registered with a GP practice in Hillingdon
You are able to commit to attending the 2 hour workshop
What to expect at a MyHealth workshop
Workshops are 2-hour interactive group sessions where you’ll work with others to learn. We run two workshops for people with type-2 diabetes.
Strengths of the MyHealth programme
- Created with local people for local people
- Run by Hillingdon health professionals
- Held in local venues across the borough
- Independently accredited for quality
- Easily digestible 2-hour workshops
The first workshop, ‘Building Awareness’ is the start of the journey and will help you to:
- Understand how diabetes could impact you
- Learn how to better manage your diabetes
- Set your sights on the big five lifestyle factors
- Connect with other local people and resources
The second workshop, ‘Goal Setting’ reviews your knowledge and adds group coaching:
- Find out how to step into the ‘Open Mindset’
- Discover how you may be holding yourself back
- Discover how your inner strengths can help you
- Be supported in writing a new lifestyle goal
MyHealth key facts
Face to face
2 hour workshop
150 available places per month
I’ve had this condition for such a long time but it’s the first time I’ve actually understood what I can do about it.A type 2 patient